BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Stop in and find out where local game days are being held. Please ask the moderator for assistance if you need help.
MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby MorganWolf » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 pm

SUNSHINE_ROLEPLAYERS
7921 Bird Road
Miami, Florida #44 33155
(305) 264-1250
rpgs@bellsouth.net
START TIME --11:00AM -- March 22 * Saturday

BE ON TIME PLEASE!!!

COR7-20 Murder in the River Quarter
Description:
Tragedy has struck again in the Free City. With Turrosh Mak on the march, half-orcs are distrusted. Unsolved murders abound in the River Quarter, where tensions are strong. Is there a reason to this madness? Is the Maimed God to blame? An investigative one-round Core adventure set in the Domain of Greyhawk for characters levels 1-11 (APLs 2-8). Half-orc PCs may encounter some difficulty in this adventure. This is a sequel to COR6-10 Murder in Elmshire.

COR8-01 Machinations
Description:
The wealth and glamour of the Gem of the Flanaess mask a fierce power struggle among Greyhawk's ruthless elite. Factions plot against each other beneath a veneer of civility where even indirect details can trip up the most careful of schemers. Those who ask questions will learn too much, but in Greyhawk, innocence is not a defense and ignorance is never bliss. Parties skilled in stealth or guile will flourish. A one-round core adventure set in the Free City of Greyhawk for characters levels 1-15 (APLs 2-12) and the first intrigue of “Honor Among Thieves.”

ALSO

Episode 8: The Unwanted
by Tim Barth
A plea for help arrives from The Unwanted. The call requires journey to the devastated ruins of the former Duchy of Ten. No commoner would dare set foot on that cursed soil since the invasion of the Afridhi. Will you rise to the call? A Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor adventure for PCs levels 1-6. (Part One of the Fires of Discontent series.)

Episode 50: Prey
by Tad Kilgore
In the Wolf Wood, rival clans of wolfs and men war, each side seeking dominance and absolute power over the other. Between the two groups has long dwelled a tribe of xenophobic Westryn, seeing the werewolves as the purest incarnation of humankind. But the Elves must confront their own darkness and their own taint. Something twisted dwells within their heart and spreads among them like a plague. Peshwah na Sulla calls upon you to travel with him into this land, and seek the fallen Arrows of Hadeen.
A one round adventure for Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, for character levels 4 through 12. Part V in the Epic of Hadeen.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Re: BlackSun LG March08 - 3/22/2008

Postby Needles » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Thanks, had a great time. We will have to find time to play machinations. :D Ciao :2
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Jesus God Christ! Why the f*ck are we still holding games at cesspool!!! We have silver dragon now not far away, and geez Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, you live blocks from Outland. Damn let the fungus farm die!!!!
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Jesus God Christ! Why the f*ck are we still holding games at cesspool!!! We have silver dragon now not far away, and geez Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, you live blocks from Outland. Damn let the fungus farm die!!!!

Hey here's a thought. Instead of telling telling other people where to run THEIR gaming days set up by
THEM, get off your duff and set up your own games, get your own DMs, ect...ect. If you want to carry
on your vendetta against Joel and Sunshine Roleplayers you are welcome to it but don't try to drag
down or force other people to do the same with crud-filled posts like this. The last time we spoke you
said you'd just stick to Silver Dragon and let Sunshine live or die on it's own accord. Now you come back
with this piece of crap post. This is not God-damn Communist Cuba where you can go all Fidel Castro on
us and force us to play at a certain store or enlist us in your war effort against Sunshine. Say what you
want about me or anyone else but I think the fact that you, a grown man, spend so much time & energy
trying to make Joel and Sunshines life a miserable living Hell is somewhat pathetic.

All you do is bitch and complain Adolpho. Bitch and fuckin' complain while people like Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, myself,
Peewee, The Stat Monkey God,, and a host of other people are either running the games days that you take advantage of as a
player or writing mods so people like you can play. If you put even half as much work behind what you
say then you could do make wonders.

Oh and please don't callime to explain or read me the riot act because I'm not interested in hearing
the broken record for the 20,000 time.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Awww it's good to see now matter how long you disappear from the gaming world, somethings never change.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Did I complain about Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, setting up game days? I got every right in the world to complain as to the venue. So shut the f*ck up. I didnt insult Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, or you. I insulted Scumshine. Are you sleeping with Joel now? You his bitch now? I got every goddamn right to wonder why with two good stores nearby games are still being held in that shithole!
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:10 pm

Fito has a point here

He didn’t bitch about Ralphs game day.... he bitched about where it was going to be...

And I do have to say that Fito is right on this one.....

SDS is cleaner, larger, and just a better store... the owner will stay open as long as we want to play, he will never kick us out or tell us we can't look at a book before buying it.

Rene, don't attack Fito because he speaks the truth, my wife will never play LG at sunshine... And I know for a fact she is not the only one... last time I checked no one is made to feel like they are not welcome at SDS. I hope we run LFR at the new store…
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Did I complain about Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, setting up game days? I got every right in the world to complain as to the venue. So shut the f*ck up. I didnt insult Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, or you. I insulted Scumshine. Are you sleeping with Joel now? You his bitch now? I got every goddamn right to wonder why with two good stores nearby games are still being held in that shithole!

Go screw yourself Adolpho. You're an arrogant prick. If Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants to set up games at Sunshine, Outland,
Silver Dragon, or wherever the hell else he wants to that's his perrogative and his choice. I 'll play in any of
the three places. Just because you hate Joel and Sunshine doesn't mean that everyone else has to follow
your lead. Some people don't have a problem playing at Sunshine regardless of your personal issues. You
may not like it but that's your problem and not that of the people that are WILLINGLY attending the games.
And yeah, he is bitching at Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, because he's trying to tell Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, THE GUY WHO ORGANIZES THIS GOD
DAMN GAMES AND GETS THE DMS AND ORDERS THE MODS where to host the games.

The only bitch around here is you Adolpho because you've been bitching and whining like a friggin crybaby
for years about anything and everything. A persons time, money, and how and where they choose to spend
either is their own business, not to be dictated by a pompous blowhard like you.

He didn’t bitch about Ralphs game day.... he bitched about where it was going to be...

But at the end of the day Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, is the guy organizing the games, getting the DMs, and organizing the
mods... and yet here comes Adolpho to question the guy who consistently does most or all of the work.
If that is what you consider a fair way to treat someone who does that Peter then you need a a bit of a
reality check as well. Hey Peter, since you want an Invisible Kings program in Florida and Adolpho seems
like a guy who clearly, give him the ball and have him run with it Peter.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Griffman

Postby Griffman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:33 am

I hope we run LFR at the new store…

On a happier note... LFR should soooo be run at Outland. Screw all you hoebag's and your stores preference, the only reason I want it at Outland is because it is a two minute drive from my house.

By the way wtf are you guys even arguing about? Sunshine? The store sucks. Its sucked for a while. Some people don't wanna go there because it sucks and others like myself, don't really give a sh*t. So you guys continue to argue over petty bullshit and get your blood pressures all out of wack. Feel free, I'm not gonna stop ya(shits entertaining). Wanna change things? Wanna host your own events? Go ahead! Order the modules, set up the games during the week so you have a sufficient number of judges(hopefully you'll get um), get everyone coordinated with copies of the modules and then promote the gameday. All that sounds like fun but it sucks big donkey balls (I've done it.) So if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants the host the game in Satan's asshole then let him. You don't wanna be there? Then don't go. Are there better alternatives? Always, but until you want to make those alternatives realities then chill out, play games or don't play games. The idea behind this hobby is to have fun and tearing into people that on normal circumstances you would consider a friend is not my idea of fun. But hey I'm not you hoebag's.
-Matthew Tearle

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. — Denis Diderot

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:51 am

By the way wtf are you guys even arguing about? Sunshine? The store sucks. Its sucked for a while. Some people don't wanna go there because it sucks and others like myself, don't really give a sh*t. So you guys continue to argue over petty bullshit and get your blood pressures all out of wack. Feel free, I'm not gonna stop ya(shits entertaining). Wanna change things? Wanna host your own events? Go ahead! Order the modules, set up the games during the week so you have a sufficient number of judges(hopefully you'll get um), get everyone coordinated with copies of the modules and then promote the gameday. All that sounds like fun but it sucks big donkey balls (I've done it.) So if Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, wants the host the game in Satan's asshole then let him. You don't wanna be there? Then don't go. Are there better alternatives? Always, but until you want to make those alternatives realities then chill out, play games or don't play games. The idea behind this hobby is to have fun and tearing into people that on normal circumstances you would consider a friend is not my idea of fun. But hey I'm not you hoebag's.

While I won't agree with you that Sunshine is the hell hole you claim it to be, I have to agree with you
110% Matt about pretty much everything else you said ( Dear God what has the world come to ). It's pretty
much the same point I was making - if a person wants to run games at a certain time and place and is
willing to put in the work then it's that person own damn business and no one elses. If players want to show
up and play then that's their damn business as well. I don't know why it's so difficult for other people to
grasp this concept but then again I'm sure that as long as there are people around that choose to remain
this ignorant, the drivers of the short little yellow buses will be happily employed for a long time.

And Matt, you're not my hoebag but you are a condescending sarcastic asshole.... but I mean that in a good
way. ;)

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 am

(For clarification of reading this post... Ral = Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,…. To get around that “god father of gaming” tag)

Rene,

You jumped into this in the wrong way... you jump on Fito because he had an opinion; you know… an opinion which by the way, is shared by others, not only him. Yet when he posts you start with personal attacks on him. WFT Rene, I always thought you were better than this, I guess I was wrong.

If you read Fito’s post he doesn’t even attack Ral,
when I posted I asked some logical questions...

1) Why are we running games in a store which doesn’t treat us as good as another store?

2) Why are we running games at a store which some of our players (talking about my wife, not even Fito here) don’t feel welcome?

3) Why are we running a game day at a store which has kicked us out because we ran late when we have a store which will stay open for us as long as we play?

4) Steal Dragon is 2 miles away from Sunshine, so I fail to see how distance has anything to do with it.

5) Why are we playing at a store which charges our players to pay? I know we win prizes, but most players never see the prize in the first place... those players have paid over 100 bucks in total to play at Sunshine, at Steal Dragon, no charge.

Instead of coming on here and giving a good reason why we play at Sunshine you come on here and attack Fito… yes he could have come on here and said things in a nicer way to Ral but Fito NEVER insulted Ral. Not once… you came on here and insulted him.

Let’s read his post again shall we Rene?

“Jesus God Christ! Why the f*ck are we still holding games at cesspool!!! We have silver dragon now not far away, and geez Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, you live blocks from Outland. Damn let the fungus farm die!!!!”

Hum, not once does he attack Ral or call Ral ANY name…. not once… NOT ONCE

Rene, what you should have posted some real reasons why we are using sunshine... that’s all...

I’m backing Fito on this because, well, it’s the truth.

Sunshine is not a better store then Steal Dragon, and seeing how we have been treated at Sunshine, I fail to see why we are at the store in the first place when there is a better option.

Rene, I’m surprised, when I talk the truth, a concept you hold very dear to your heart, you rip into me.
I find that very interesting.

Fito you needed to read Rene's Post.... he never instalted you, he said all you do is Bitch.. he never called you a Bitch... you on your end.. you went off the deep end as well...

Both of you need to CHILL.. please can we talk insted of cut eachother down?
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:49 am

okay everyone lets stop this here- no need for everyone to go ballistic. I will continue to run games at sunshine for as long as I choose and no one can tell me otherwise, I have no malice for any other store and will run games in other places when I have the time. I don't have the personal issues of others about any of the gaming stores; now when it rears it's ugly head I will be the first to cut it off.

Rene, I understand how you feel you have always rooted for the underdog and I respect that because I am like that sometimes. Let's not let our emotions run away with us at this time and just let the others express what they want unless they get too verbal.

Adolfo, you tend to keep knocking down sunshine, yet you always show up once in a blue moon there. Now you have expressed interest in tring to get games going but somehow it never comes to be, yet you are the most verbal - don't you think it kind of seems silly that happens. If you want to help organize as you did long ago then help Peter with getting silver dragon back on again, you helped once and then took off in the middle of it because of a new girlfriend. I told you then that if you were going to help that you can't do it half-ass- Please don't think I'm picking on you i'm just stating what we discussed, when organizers help get a gameday going they should always have that whole day available to organize and help out; only if there is a serious issue should it not count.

I don't want to see that we fly off the handle like we did, we know how you feel about it adolfo and you rene also but remember that this is the announcement section about the gamedays and such, so if someone says that they enjoyed it, why smear it with something who just doesn't show up? Peter, I have to say that you needed to handle it more diplomaticly, you understand the points i'm saying we have discussed this very thing over and over so lets squash this whole issue and continue to enjoy gaming whereever it is- no exceptions.

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:02 am

You people do whatever you want. Play, plan, and organize games wherever you want. Matt made the point and I stand by it as well. I have fun playing D&D and while the location does make a difference, I am not hung up on the personal stuff. Ramon does not play at Sunshine anymore and you don't see me giving him grief. He has personal issues as well but at least he has enough class when it comes to Sunshine Roleplayers to not mudsling at the store constantly.

And Peter, me and you have talked about this and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, hit the nail on he head. He puts in the work, time, and effort so he can do whatever he wants wherever he wants in that regard. If Adolpho wants to start running games at Outland or Silver Dragon and is willing to put the time and effort into doing so then more power to him and I would not in any way try to dictate things to him or take on a confrontational posture with him even if I did not agree with him in this regard.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, you are close to the heart on this but this is not so much about the underdog this time. My words were based on someone trying to tell you how to do your business, the same business that you have done successfully for years, and injecting their personal bias into the equation. If you told me tomorrow that you were never running a D&D game at Sunshine Roleplayers and were moving it somewhere else but were still willing to put in the work and time to do so then I would attend the games at the new store. Do I think we should still run games at Sunshine? Yes. Do I have a right to take a vicious stab at you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, if you decided to do otherwise and I disagreed with you? I would say "No" if you are the guy doing the work and putting in the time.

In any case, I've wasted enough time talking this and trying to reason with people who seem to pride themselves in the art of hatemongering. Good luck living with your angst - I hear it's great for the blood pressure.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 am

Its not Angst

its logic... hell after Sunshine F'd us over the 40k turnament at the Summoning I thought you would be through with him... specialy you Rene who holds one honor and word above almost all else.

I fail to see any LOGICAL reasion why we are at Sunshine anymore..

But its Ralphs game... true.. I will just not be playing at Sunshine anymore.. I have a better place to spend my time and money in
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

thetrickygnome

Postby thetrickygnome » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am

Its not Angst

its logic... hell after Sunshine F'd us over the 40k turnament at the Summoning I thought you would be through with him... specialy you Rene who holds one honor and word above almost all else.

I fail to see any LOGICAL reasion why we are at Sunshine anymore..

But its Ralphs game... true.. I will just not be playing at Sunshine anymore.. I have a better place to spend my time and money in

Wow Peter. Can you imagine how life would be if we all held on to all our grudges for eternity?
Ponder that the next time you toss a d20.

Signed- Rene' Alfonso

Return to “Game Events Anouncements”