4E Comments

Get up to date roleplaying news. Or post roleplaying news.

Moderator: grey

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

4E Comments

Postby Ozymandius » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Yo the books showed up last night and I finished reading the players guide and man has WotC fallen from where it used to be. The books looked pathetic compared to the old 3.0 and 3.5 masterpieces. The design of the book really troubled me.

It's also difficult to understand even though they have a huge dictionary-like section in the middle of the book.

I finished going through the classes and settled on one of the following:

A <Insert Diety> Paladain (Dude....This is the wonder class of 4.0!)
A Ranger (I like the stuff, they took the old classes and made them the paragon and epic levels)
A Wizard (Dude, choice of becoming Immortal, becoming a demi-god? BOO YEAH!)

Heh, I also found it extremely amusing that you retire at 15th level in this system even though you go to 30. Their whole, half your level deal, makes you as strong as a 15th level character comprable to the 3.5 campaign.

But hey, it looks cool, and I'm already started seeing some STUPID BROKEN COMBOs in the encounter abilities and weapon combinations so I guess its not all lost. The most fun is seeing if anyone will join my newly created Vecna worshipping, I mean, Non-Aligned Wizard of the Cloaked Raven...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Re: 4E Comments

Postby Peewee » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Bro you want a good read?

read the DMG.. its the BEST DMG ever, hands down
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Roleplaying News”