4e Transition

Get up to date roleplaying news. Or post roleplaying news.

Moderator: grey

Do you plan on transitioning your home game(s) over to 4th Edition?

Yes, in the next 2 months
43%
Yes, eventually
29%
Yes, as the approved sourcebooks are released
No votes
Maybe
29%
No, I'm happy in 3rd or 3.5!
No votes

Total votes: 7

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

4e Transition

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Wed May 07, 2008 8:09 am

Started the thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=7906&p=49815#p49814

Needles wrote:You should have started a new thread for this. None of the home games I'm with are starting a 4E campaign. As far as I know, you are the only person starting a 4E campaign. I however, will start to play a 4E living campaigns when they come out. I imagine there are people going to Gen Con to play those games. I hope they share those games back home where there are other players that want to play. :D

How about any of the variations on a transition to 4e, whether it be New Campaign, Conversion or Transformation. :7
New bit of aether & fluff @
The Maiden's Head

itit01
Regular
Regular

Re: 4e Transition

Postby itit01 » Wed May 07, 2008 1:14 pm

I know my weekly fri home game thats epic is going to go to 4e in the first month or so, the other game I dont know
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Wed May 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Thanks to the DDI, my old gaming group will once again be able to play together. So when it comes to them, we'll be playing 4E.

I'll also be playing the day right after 4E comes out in that Worldwide D&D Gameday, thing, and will start playing Living Forgotten Realms the moment it's out. Beyond that, no idea, though I'd like to play a regular 4E campaign ASAP. I've already preordered the set from Amazon, but I doubt I'll get it in time for Worldwide D&D Gameday, so I'll buy a spare copy of the PHB from a local game store as well (Probably Silver Dragon Square).

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Mon May 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Incidentally...

chainsaw_derelct wrote:So a show of hands for people transitioning their home games ASAP to 4th Edition?

Planning on pre-ordering the slip case towards the end of the month, and potentially transitioning my Eberron game (players permitting) to 4th Edition in June / July.

...I vote for converting ASAP. It should be simple enough. Just have everyone rewrite their characters as 1st-level 4E equivalents and we're set. About the only problem I forsee is our Gnome Druid, but Gnome's are playable out of the Monster Manual, and as a stopgap measure, the Druid can be recast as a Cleric or some other class.

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Mon May 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Warduke wrote:Incidentally...

...I vote for converting ASAP. It should be simple enough. Just have everyone rewrite their characters as 1st-level 4E equivalents and we're set. About the only problem I forsee is our Gnome Druid, but Gnome's are playable out of the Monster Manual, and as a stopgap measure, the Druid can be recast as a Cleric or some other class.

Yes, that's the one things I'll need to review for our trusty Gnomish Druid. Not sure about classes or changing feats that you may be interested in. Also, we can probably work out the details prior to July's game (potentially).
The Maiden's Head

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:43 pm

uggggg
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

chainsaw_derelct
I have no life
I have no life

Postby chainsaw_derelct » Thu May 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Again, if you my players want to stay in 3.5, I'm fine with that. It's up to you the players, I'll just run the games. ;-) My job is to make the game fun and enjoyable, regardless of the rules used.
The Maiden's Head

Needles
Slave to this message board
Slave to this message board

Postby Needles » Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm

My home campaign which is switching to Thursday nights June fifth is staying 3.5. The DM doesn't want to throw away his old books and start over again. If there is a home campaign that is on like a Saturday that is 4E, I won't mind playing as long as I have my books. I'll be playing 3.5 Blackmoor and 4E rpga. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Return to “Roleplaying News”