Sample 4E Characters

Get up to date roleplaying news. Or post roleplaying news.

Moderator: grey

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Sample 4E Characters

Postby Warduke » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Here's a link to a quick rules primer for 4E, and here's a link to characters for five 4E characters (Halfling Paladin, Tiefling Wizard, Dwarf Fighter, Eladring Ranger, and Human Cleric). Note that these're Living Forgotten Realms characters. Interesting, though, as it appears that they've brought back Amaunator.

Needles
Slave to this message board

Re: Sample 4E Characters

Postby Needles » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:42 pm

I see you got them off of Enworld.org too. Say good bye to the days of I roll my dice and just add a number to the attack roll. Now it is called a maneuver of some kind. You roll the dice, add some number and do a little more than just hit the creature for the fighting type of characters.

As for the Wizard, he has one at will spell, one encounter spell and one daily spell to use for the day. He chooses each from his spell book and is off. This is at first level, I hope he gets more spells to use for the day as he gets up in level. I would suppose magic missile does not increase as the Wizard increases in level. Wizards hasn't released these Q's yet. I haven't gone to Enworld.org for the day either and checked. :D
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Say good bye to the days of I roll my dice and just add a number to the attack roll. Now it is called a maneuver of some kind. You roll the dice, add some number and do a little more than just hit the creature for the fighting type of characters.

Can't say I'm broken up about that. :)

As for the Wizard, he has one at will spell, one encounter spell and one daily spell to use for the day.

He gets five At Will spells, actually. Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Magic Missile, and Scorching Burst.

I thought this was pretty neat, too. The Kobold Skirmisher, which I also found at ENWorld.

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:20 pm

This is news from enworld.org that I thought was kinda special:

- Everything has a consitution score.

- Threatening Reach ( the kind that provokes opportunity attacks if crossed, essentially reach as it was in 3.x) is a property of the monster or character, not a property of weapons. Human guards with halberds might not have threatening reach (and didn't, when we fought them), but a different monster wielding the same weapon might.

- Temporary Hit Points, such as those gained by the Paladin's bolstering strike, CAN exceed a character's max Hit Points. However, you can only have 1 pool of temporary HP at a time. If you have 3 temporary HP, and then use an ability to get 5 temporary HP, you have 5 extra, not 8.

- Normal Cover gives enemies a flat -2 penalty on attack rolls, and can prevent adjacent foes from "threatening" (for opportunity attack purposes). Total Cover (such as firing through an arrow slit) gives enemies a -5 penalty.
:D

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:39 pm

There is more from enworld.org!

"But now for the big news! One of the monster appendecies in the Monster Manual will be devoted to adapting monsters to become player races. The MM will include 12-20 monsters that will be pre-written for use by PCs. Chris Perkins was kind enough to let us know nine of those races!

Gnome
Bugbear
Minotaur
Shadar-Kai
Githyanki
Kobold
Warforged
Shifter
Doppleganger/Changeling (They are one and the same in 4e)"

That is right folks, the Gnome is back in the mix. You may start out as the little buggers if you wanted to. I'm sure it will be broken. There is a lot of fans out there that liked the Gnome, then there are players out there that think, like me, they've been Gnomed. :D

On another note, there are talks of a movie or TV series. Here's the scoop:

"In another interview with Scott Rouse this morning, we got to talking about the state of D&D in the public eye. The Rouse let slip that he's been talking to various Hollywood insiders about the potential development of a D&D movie or television series.

Both Forgotten Realms and Eberron seem to have garnered the biggest response from the Hollywood crowd. Rouse himself seems to be leaning towards a movie based off of R.A. Salvatore's character Drizzt, most likely focusing around the events of the popular book, "The Crystal Shard."

It's important to note that nothing is definite. It is certain, however, that Wizards of the Coast has at least approached director James Mangold (3:10 to Yuma, Girl Interrupted) with several pitches."

Needles

Postby Needles » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:47 pm

This is also big news I think from Enworld:

Lava - Proponents of "Fire and Brimstone" will love this one. In 4e, if you fall into lava you die. No save. According to Chris Perkins, "Fire & Brimstone" is a big hit at WotC headquarters.

The Bard - Is done! Apparently, it was one of the first classes completed, despite the fact that it will not appear in the PHB.

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Here's the Tiefling from the PHB.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3264/230 ... 46dc_o.jpg

RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height:
5'6"-6'2"
Average Weight: 140-230 lbs.

Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonus: +2 Bluff, +2 Stealth
Bloodhunt: You gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against bloodied foes.
Fire Resistance: You have resist fire 5 + one-half your level.
Infernal Wrath: You can use infernal wrath as an encounter power.

Needles

Postby Needles » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Cool! Where did you get this? :D

Warduke
Regular
Regular

Postby Warduke » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:30 am

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Thanks, it is a shame about Gary.

Return to “Roleplaying News”