Page 1 of 2

Which one are you?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:22 am
by MichaelTLH
Ha! A couple of these made me laugh out loud:

They are a list of "Complainers" in the gaming world... specifically, on-line gaming, but very very similar to some "pen & paper" gamers I've run across.

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,721 ... =rss.index

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 pm
by Thanos
I don't really fit into any of those but It does piss me off if the developers nerf my character because of a bunch of cry asses. I never read the boards cause they are retarded. That's why I like DnD. Screw balance it should be all about party harmony and having fun.

Probably the most annoying people who play the MMOs are the ones who think their accomplishments in a game equal real world accomplishments. If they died tomorrow it would say in their obituary. Played wow and had full Epic garb and Warlord faction or some crap.

2nd most annoying players are the Elitists who try to control the game world by using methods outside the game. They try to control loot drops or advancements by creating list or schedules for spawns.

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:45 pm
by MichaelTLH
Thanos wrote:it should be all about party harmony and having fun.


AMEN!

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:51 pm
by Ozymandius
Thanos wrote:I don't really fit into any of those but It does piss me off if the developers nerf my character because of a bunch of cry asses. I never read the boards cause they are retarded. That's why I like DnD. Screw balance it should be all about party harmony and having fun.

Probably the most annoying people who play the MMOs are the ones who think their accomplishments in a game equal real world accomplishments. If they died tomorrow it would say in their obituary. Played wow and had full Epic garb and Warlord faction or some crap.

2nd most annoying players are the Elitists who try to control the game world by using methods outside the game. They try to control loot drops or advancements by creating list or schedules for spawns.


Hypocrite. Then why did you allow them to forcecage me after I teleported object someone's Bag of Holding to the Plane of Shadow?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:55 pm
by Needles
Better you than me, sucks to be you.

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:57 pm
by Ozymandius
Wait, wait, what was that?

Didn't you retire?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:23 pm
by Needles
The last I saw you I taught you how to riverdance, then I retired.

On the other hand, there is Razhhak the Depraved and he doesn't like you very much. You left to explore a dungeon when he had two Nycoloths to fight. Sucks to be him, hence the name.

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:35 pm
by Ozymandius
Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't leave you there.

I wasn't even in that module. What character was it? I only had two characters operating at that time, the Horizon Walker and the Wizard.

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:49 pm
by Needles
It was your wizard, as a matter of fact, I had something against the guy we caught and you stole him away from me. For some reason the DM told me that I feel like killing him. This character whom is happy go lucky all of a sudden feels like killing this guy, no reason, just wanton murder. You took my next victim away from me but, you saved me from getting another atonement. Ramon and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, were also there playing their respective wizards.

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:00 pm
by Ozymandius
Oh, I didn't LEAVE you I simply WENT AHEAD.

See this is what happens when you are in a Meta-Organization you have ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE of what is going on.

Besides, if I remember correctly you made out like a BANDIT in that AR courtesy of my interfering and screwing over the party.

You should be so mad, I made it possible for your awesome access....

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:55 pm
by Thanos
Ozymandius wrote:
Thanos wrote:I don't really fit into any of those but It does piss me off if the developers nerf my character because of a bunch of cry asses. I never read the boards cause they are retarded. That's why I like DnD. Screw balance it should be all about party harmony and having fun.

Probably the most annoying people who play the MMOs are the ones who think their accomplishments in a game equal real world accomplishments. If they died tomorrow it would say in their obituary. Played wow and had full Epic garb and Warlord faction or some crap.

2nd most annoying players are the Elitists who try to control the game world by using methods outside the game. They try to control loot drops or advancements by creating list or schedules for spawns.


Hypocrite. Then why did you allow them to forcecage me after I teleported object someone's Bag of Holding to the Plane of Shadow?


Why would I stop it? You betrayed the party by trying to give the "Traitor" the weapon.

Having fun at other players expense is having no fun at all and please explain how betraying the party futhers party harmony?

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:17 pm
by Ozymandius
Richard, you are twisting the facts again.

I told the item in question that I would do what it wanted. It wanted to go to Rary. But you tricked it to going to Kyristine. I was going to attempt to repersuade it without you guys nearby.

But because I said one sentence to the hammer kept me from losing all my access. That's how you play the game, with an ace in the hole...

Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:06 pm
by Thanos
Ozymandius wrote:Richard, you are twisting the facts again.

I told the item in question that I would do what it wanted. It wanted to go to Rary. But you tricked it to going to Kyristine. I was going to attempt to repersuade it without you guys nearby.

But because I said one sentence to the hammer kept me from losing all my access. That's how you play the game, with an ace in the hole...


Who is twisting what?!?!

How many ways we were betrayed. Ed should have his bard make this into a song.

1st betrayal you agreed in good faith to Represent Karistyne interests. So you are either a traitor since it seemed you pledged yourself to her cause for this adventure or in the very least you didn't pledge(and got away with it since I don't remember the DM rolling sense motive) so that makes you a liar.

2nd betrayal was agreeing/reneging/lying to the party that you wanted to help the party in Karistynes quest.

3rd betrayal when you assaulted the good bards property trying to destroy his items by sending them to ethereal plane to be consumed by some greater power. The DM at 4 rounds was going to summon a ethereal juggernaut to get the items. So the bard would have lost all his items in his haver sac. What a nice retirment present that would have been!

4th Betrayal by doing your actions at the start of a battle you jepodised the lives of your fellow companions by aiding the centaurs against us in battle! You sided against us in battle and that is the most grievous betrayal of all...

Whatever you say your intentions were after the fact that you sent the bag to the etheral plane is moot to me. You had plenty of time on the boat ride to steal and try to convince the weapon to turn sides. Yet you waiting until the party was under attack and backstabbed us. That is what you will always be the betrayer to me. Rary would be proud :).

I disagree that you should have gotten access. I think Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Renee didn't think it all the way through and were very busy. I got my access and I let it go at that. I really didn't feel like arguing against you at that point. After all it is just a game.

Since you were left nakid in a force cage with no sound. I think that was comical enough of a punishment. The whole encounter could have ended very different for you or the party. The DM said you were basically a NPC at the point that you sent the bag away. So many can of worms were opened up I was just glad it ended how it did.

Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, even said he would have been justified to kill you. ;)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:41 pm
by itit01
that last post sounds like complaining to me

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 pm
by Thanos
lmao been away from the board awhile?

nothing like keeping up with current events