GO AHEAD!

Late breaking news of this site will be in here.

Moderator: grey

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Things that need attending along with "Lets all get alo

Postby MorganWolf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:47 pm

Xylona Ajani---
I have gone to play at Sunshine and I have always had such a great time playing my character in the adventure, that I do not even focus on the appearance of the location. I have no problem going, or inviting anyone to go check out Sunshine. I thank those individuals who take the time to organize games, DM games and involve new player to the world of D&D (like myself). If my help could ever come to be needed to help motivate more people in Miami to play D&D, I will be more than happy to lend a helping voice or hand.

Hello everyone, I will be back from my hiatus LATE tomorrow and see that quite a contraversy has developed. I have to say that for a not so recent newbie to remind us of involvement, organizing, and just generally helping out since I know this person helps out when she can- is just shameful to those who prefer to bicker and don't contribute to the ideal of a greater gaming community. This person has a fresh perspective of our gaming areas and even though it is 1 person, still as a girl she express's things in a female manner and we all know how girl's like things clean because most guys are slob's, so pay attention.

Thanos----
The new shelves open Sunshine a lot. Sunshine is good enough for me to drive over an hour to play. Sunshine is hard core RPG and war gaming which I like I wish I was closer so I could come to more game days.

I went to outland 1 time and they had a very small selection of RPG material. It seems that place focuses more on collectible and comics. I am not saying this is bad it is just a different kind of store. Both are fine for gaming but I prefer Sunshine.

Here is another prespective and someone from beyond Miami itself who looks foward to game with us Miami gamers, in fact Richard has become a standard "Miami" gamer for us and is a welcome addition to our community-- thanks for your input Richard it is much appreciated in these times!!!!

Maybe one day Ramon can forgive & forget as he has a big heart and make it to play with us as we all miss his presence at the Gameday's. Even Joel has expressed concern for his absence- C'mon Ramon, be the better man and join us at Sunshine, we want you to keep us company.

Ozymandius----
Our 2004 showing of WiPoU I believe when Raymon took the helm due to unfortunate circumstances, showed that one person, when they have the drive and the ideas to do so, can put together an awesome convention and prove that gaming is not dead here in Miami.

I remember this time very vividly and I'm glad to say that Ramon was willing to spearhead the operation, but don't misteak the fact that you & he were the only persons involved in that setup. Even though the original crew could not organize the Con that particular year, we helped Ramon in the background doing things in an unofficial manner. He was very dedicated to making things work out in the end and we sure as hell thank him for that, also MAGO being created that year was fantastic.

Ozymandius----
I believe that the Summoning is going to be a test run for us for WiPoU 2007 and we are going to have to try real hard (and start super early) to begin setting up for this project. Really people complain about coming to Miami and with good reason, we've got hardly any room, hotel's are far and few between with good quality and won't steal your damn frickin' laptops and phones... And they complain about the drive down (Even though its the same distance for us to go to Tallahassee but we'll keep quiet since we're going to TriCon).

So hopefully we'll pull together for the Summoning and we'll get to see a great showing of Living Arcanis/Blackmoor/Living Greyhawk and run a good con.

We need to begin work on the summoning as of now so Albert, Peter, Rene, and all you others be ready as we will be commencing this project right away. I know that many of you have commitments coming up , but we need to take the time however small to form our group ONCE AGAIN to get this running, I will be expecting things from each of you no exception, please don't post what things you have to commit to as we know that they are important-just post what you what to contribute even if it may not reach what you may be capable of doing. Lets get this show on the road and show the RPGA community why Miami is such a kick-ass place to go for gaming.

Ozymandius----
So when should planning for WiPoU begin? Rene?

This is for Triad members,writer's, and Tallahassee to worry about this year, we will get our turn next year!!!!!

grey----
Now obviously not everyone has the time to put in effort to make a change. We have work and or significant others that take up our time.

Hello albert, I have to say that you have been missed in our circle of playing and I know you now have someone and work sometimes can be a bitch, but DAMMIT!!! I plan to get you for a game this week so here is your notice and when I call you in the next 2 days let me know when would be a good time this coming week!!!

MrFilthyIke----
Hey Rene, I tried giving Joel a second chance as I've said before. He used that opportunity to harrass me in his store when I went there a few years back to "give him a chance to prove he's cleaned up". He made his choice with me, let him rot in his bed he made. Either way, his little shop is of no consequence to me these days.

PS: Outland rocks, support Mark.

The Heretic----
I dont sponsor games right now. I am talking about walking into a store to buy things, and not needing a shower upon leaving. I am talking about ok customer service, not like what I heard recently about the kid who walked in and saw a girl behind the counter..( who is this girl?). The kid said he was just looking and was told to come back when he had money. Shocking? No. Everyone has had a Sunshine crappy customer service issue. Some people just don't realize it, and as far as sponsoring games, its a choice of the organizers to go to Sunshine. Why not go to Mark at Outland and sponser the game there. But apparently we are going to stick with the sterotypical gamer aversion to cleanliness, order, and air conditioning. I mean all Outland has to offer is an cooperative owner, space, parking, no mold in the air, KFC/Longjohn Silver across the way, Coldstone a door away, and a Bonefish Grill at the corner. Ick! No instead give them no parking, a class c McDonalds, and well....Sunshine. Yeah!

Hey we can't convince everyone but you know the one who loses out is them so let them stay with their decision. We will continue to make a great time for everyone to play and by the way Outland is maybe 2 minutes from my house and I'm not excluding mark at all- hell I like the guy but as Rene said only a select few take the time to travel there and the majority prefer sunshine boy's and girl's so there you have it.
I wish someone would sponser gamedays there, I could get off my tuff and play more than organize because believe it or not folks- organizing is the main thing I seem to be in charge of and playing second. I enjoy this game and want everyone to prosper and become kick-ass, so let's see what becomes of this NOW!!!!!!

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:00 am

Quote:
grey----
Now obviously not everyone has the time to put in effort to make a change. We have work and or significant others that take up our time.

Hello albert, I have to say that you have been missed in our circle of playing and I know you now have someone and work sometimes can be a bitch, but DAMMIT!!! I plan to get you for a game this week so here is your notice and when I call you in the next 2 days let me know when would be a good time this coming week!!!

No Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, my comment was not directed towards you. But toward those that are unwilling to make gaming happen in miami.
The comment was definately not directed towards you.
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

MorganWolf
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby MorganWolf » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:16 pm

It seems you misunderstood, I know you meant that towards others-I'm saying I'm going to get you for a game this week!!!!!

MrFilthyIke

Re: Things that need attending along with "Lets all get

Postby MrFilthyIke » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:41 am

MorganWolf wrote:
MrFilthyIke----
Hey Rene, I tried giving Joel a second chance as I've said before. He used that opportunity to harrass me in his store when I went there a few years back to "give him a chance to prove he's cleaned up". He made his choice with me, let him rot in his bed he made. Either way, his little shop is of no consequence to me these days.

PS: Outland rocks, support Mark.

Hey we can't convince everyone but you know the one who loses out is them so let them stay with their decision. We will continue to make a great time for everyone to play and by the way Outland is maybe 2 minutes from my house and I'm not excluding mark at all- hell I like the guy but as Rene said only a select few take the time to travel there and the majority prefer sunshine boy's and girl's so there you have it.
I wish someone would sponser gamedays there, I could get off my tuff and play more than organize because believe it or not folks- organizing is the main thing I seem to be in charge of and playing second. I enjoy this game and want everyone to prosper and become kick-ass, so let's see what becomes of this NOW!!!!!!

Well, even though it was convenient for some it still excluded others. Not good for growing. But this horse is well past beaten to death. I'm in a better city for gamers. I game weekly with friends, play D&D and 7th Seas, Arkham Horror, and have played more LF with FRAG than I ever got to do in Miami. So I'm still better off than any time gaming in MIami. 8)
Last edited by MrFilthyIke on Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:13 am

Well, even though it was convenient for some it still excluded others. Not good for growing. But this horse is well past beaten to death. I'm in a better city for gamers. I game weekly with friends, play D&D and 7th Seas, Arkham Horror, and have played more LF with FRAG than I ever got to do in Miami. So I'm still better off than any time gaming in MIami..

And this is the problem i see with Gaming. He is upset that In Miami,WE didnt give him the chance to play the games he wanted. But in orlando he gets it because someone else set it up. Well Bud, If you had wanted those games down here, you could have gotten off your ass and set them up. I do. Orlando may be a better city for you for gaming but im perfectly happy here in miami because...welll I am TRYING to help the gaming community grow, and i see that it is, instead of just bitching and complaining about how it sucks. I honestly think that unless you are going to try and help in some manner keep your comments like "i dont like this store" or "this city is better" to yourself.
Thanks

P.S. I personally get all the gaming i want in because I MAKE IT HAPPEN!
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:54 am

lostpike wrote:And this is the problem i see with Gaming. He is upset that In Miami,
WE didnt give him the chance to play the games he wanted. But in orlando he gets it because
someone else set it up. Well Bud, If you had wanted those games down here, you could have gotten
off your ass and set them up. I do. Orlando may be a better city for you for gaming but im
perfectly happy here in miami because...welll I am TRYING to help the gaming community grow, and
i see that it is, instead of just bitching and complaining about how it sucks. I honestly think
that unless you are going to try and help in some manner keep your comments like "i dont like
this store" or "this city is better" to yourself.
Thanks

P.S. I personally get all the gaming i want in because I MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Listen here "lostprick",

I don't know who the f*ck you are to judge what I say. Miami has had numerous problems related to
gaming, but I'm not going into that. Some of us don't have time to play game organizer, you know...
sh*t like working for a living.

I don't have any time left to waste on you.

Go screw yourself.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:50 am

So I guess you are a person who only cares for yourself. Thats ok.

I will continue being a caring person here in miami helping out when i can(and yes I work too) and you can stay in orlando.

Now, You really dont need to be here whining about Miami. Why dont you go to the Orlando boards and complain. Im sure they would be more receptive. Oh I forgot! They dont respond to you either.

the wildest tales."

David

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:55 pm

Xylona Ajani wrote:I have been playing D&D for four months now, and here is a little point of view from a newbie. I was curious when I would here Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, at work speak about D&D, I really did not know much about it. Until one day, I finally made up my mind and I went to a game to see what D&D was all about. I met some of the most kindest people, who took the time to explain D&D to me and help me understand how to play and set up my character sheet. It made me see how fun playing D&D and roleplaying different characters can be. Now I can say that I have a fourth level LG character and a secound level Blackmore and LA character. I am working on preparing my second LG character now. I look foward to playing on a weekly basis, and just beening able to say "Hey that is one for the newbie, I actualy know that rule without having to look it up". It does not matter to me were the games are hosted, the point is that a group of individuals, who at one point in there lives did not even know of one another, get togheter and play this amazing roleplaying game and also get to kick someone ass. How good is that. I have gone to play at Sunshine and I have always had such a great time playing my character in the adventure, that I do not even focus on the appearance of the location. I have no problem going, or inviting anyone to go check out Sunshine. I thank those individuals who take the time to organize games, DM games and involve new player to the world of D&D (like myself). If my help could ever come to be needed to help motivate more people in Miami to play D&D, I will be more than happy to lend a helping voice or hand. :)

And I know this sounds strange

But we need more people like you in Miami to help gaming here in south florida.

RPGs have never been all that populer in south florida....

When we created the Miami Circle oh so long ago we hoped to change all that... Some of us just lost heart somwhere along the way.

Oh never mind.. just thinking too much.....
Peter B
PCI Rules Developer & StatMonkey
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:52 pm

Has it been a year already? Is it once again time to talk about The Miami Circle? Let me know, I’ll post all the facts, again, about how and why it went down like a syphilitic whore who’s been presented a crack rock the size of a babies fist. Just say the word, really, I’ll be more than happy to air out everyone’s dirty laundry.

Remember, secrets and spankings, that’s what I’m all about. I mean do we really, REALLY, want to hear everyone’s secret? Probably not.

That being said, please don’t invoke The Miami Circle again. Especially in the implied context of it being a charitable act.

As for tooting your own horn. Come on guys. Many of us know the benevolent work you’ve (Peter, Albert, Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami,, Rene, Raymond, and so many more) have put into the roleplaying community in general. Perhaps those of us that have benefitted from your work haven’t given you enough credit and/or thanks. If so let me be one of the many that does so.

Let’s see:

Miami Circle (check)

Thanks for Supporting Community (check)

sh*t Talkers ()

As badly as I would like to say something about that, and trust me I got a big ‘ole sack of venom ready to be poured out, I’ll refrain.

Finally The meetup group you’ve recently “discovered.”

Guys, don’t f*ck with them too much. Livingcity.net is good for RPGA, but this is a group looking for home games. More so they found each other out without your help. Please don’t try to enfold them into here. Let some other gaming group explore and promote home games.

I’m not saying DON’T contact them. I’m not saying what you can or can’t do, :) I’m not a republican, I’m just asking that you don’t actively recruit them to join this site.

As for warning them about ... ... the double table man. Heh heh, I’ve already done that. I explained just how difficult it is to be blackballed and ostracized by the RPGA for cheating... well I didn’t... but a friend of mine did. (I wouldn’t tarnish someone’s rep., he would, so I just told him about Double Table man’s past.)

BTW there are many, MANY, other roleplayers and little groups forming out there in Miami. Please guys when you discover them (as I have) use a little Star Trek consciousness and treat them like pre warp drive civilizations.

Realize that by advocating and promoting solely the RPGA you are fucking up out social roleplaying ecosystem. They get into RPGA, never get into home games, and never expand beyond the D20 system (how many of you guys play something that doesn’t require a D20 on a regular basis?) They don’t know there are options beyond the RPGA and get burned out and stop roleplaying.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:25 pm

neocelsus wrote:Has it been a year already? Is it once again time to talk about The Miami Circle? Let me know, I’ll post all the facts, again, about how and why it went down like a syphilitic whore who’s been presented a crack rock the size of a babies fist. Just say the word, really, I’ll be more than happy to air out everyone’s dirty laundry.

Well, I, for one... didn’t come here to start spiting out dirty laundry, and I don’t have any intention of doing so.

Everyone knows that the Miami circle's goal was to run a major convention here in miami (MegaCon like)

and Everyone knows that it was my controlling personality (which I have worked very hard to squash over the last few years) that was the death of the core that created the Miami Circle.

I decided to do everything my self, and in the process push out everyone that was involved...

yes I was an ass... My ego took over, I was the kind of person that if I didint see things being done, I would jump in and do them my self.

I was blind by my fervor to make things happen, so blind that I didn’t see what my partners where working on, I didn’t see it, my fault... I guess at the time I was running at x20 speed and wanted everything done as fast as I could do it...

and in the process lost the trust of a man which I will always see as a brother... not a friend.. a brother.

So yes I know that the Miami Circles destruction rests on my shoulders, you have no idea how much that hurts sometimes.

neocelsus wrote:Realize that by advocating and promoting solely the RPGA you are fucking up out social roleplaying ecosystem. They get into RPGA, never get into home games, and never expand beyond the D20 system (how many of you guys play something that doesn’t require a D20 on a regular basis?) They don’t know there are options beyond the RPGA and get burned out and stop roleplaying.

You know I have been thinking about this quite alot.... I have stepped away from RPGA play to rediscover the joys of home play.

But my life has gotten a little complicated, not only my wife and baby (which make everything else worth it) but there is a lot of drama most people don't know about. (for example my dad almost had a heart attack, so now I'm running my dads office... talk about test by fire...)

So there has been little time for gaming, I play on Sundays (Thank you fito for running a bad ass d20 future game!) But there is no way I can just play any night of the week like I use too.

There is something to be said for home play, the chance to try out new game systems, new characters, new adventures, on the fly...

and there is something to be said about the structured way RPGA is run...

is there not room for both? I wish there was a way to bring the home play RPG gamers onto this site... would be nice to talk about other game systems, other games, swap ideas for new campaigns, come up with new rules, get groups together...

Anyways I have to go, I swamped at work and need to get back to it...

BTW: you may be mad at me (because I'm an ass and so on), but I still love you bro... Know that your laughter & fun outlook on life is one of the things I miss most
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.”
- Thomas Jefferson

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:57 pm

::blink::

I'm not going to respond in depth to this now as I'm getting out of work. Nor am I going to respond to certain topics mentioned here in a public forum. I will get back to you in private later.

I will say this, perhaps my response was unwarranted. I simply meant to say don't bring up the Miami Circle middle of a sh*t storm. Especially then you try to put it on a pedestal in the middle of a sh*t storm.

As for the RPGA you’re right, it has it’s place and I’ve further explained myself in another forum. Since I brought it up here I’d like to redirect us to the place where it should be further talked about:http://www.livingcity.net/viewtopic.php?t=5716

But please people, don't let me stop you. Please, continue flinging sh*t and mud at each other, it's throughly entertaining and brightens up my day.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,

Neocelsus

Peewee
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Peewee » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:01 pm

neocelsus wrote:But please people, don't let me stop you. Please, continue flinging sh*t and mud at each other, it's throughly entertaining and brightens up my day.

why did I suddenly get the image of Monkeys Flinging Poo
Peter B
Paradigm Concepts

- Thomas Jefferson

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:50 am

neocelsus wrote:But please people, don't let me stop you. Please, continue flinging sh*t and mud at each other, it's throughly entertaining and brightens up my day.

We were flinging mud and sh*t?? :o

And here I thought I was just fucking with one douche bag. :lol:

How're things in Miami Max? Orlando's been a wild ride. :)

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:36 am

Well, I honestly see only one person slinging mud. Everyone else is just telling him to STFU or do something about his gripes and complaints. The majority of us here when we post try to show RESPECT to each other instead of resorting to name calling and such which, I might add, till this time has been considered a problem which only the MAGO kids had trouble understanding.

the wildest tales."

David

Secretaryman

shedding some light into this darkness

Postby Secretaryman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:03 am

I may still be a newbie in some aspects but I can see that in some levels i may be more mature than i thought. Mr.Filthypike all I say is that I feel really sorry for you for the fact that your "bad experience" at joels was "so bad" that you take it out on these awesome people here in miami. I really hope that you stop this and put all of your energy elsewhere like in Orlando...where they actually probably want your help. Ive been playing DND now for 3 years and if it wasnt for Joel i wouldve never been introduced for LG and so many other games so I am grateful to him for it. He has the best prices in miami and i live right by him so i consider myself one lucky guy. I also met a lot of cool people (lostpike and Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, you guys rule) and i cant wait to move back to miami soon....I never thought id say that but i guess i just did. I really hope you can stop with this anger and just move on with your life. Joel really is a fair man and i remember whenever customers would come and they only spoke spanish i would help joel translate and help him make sales and in response to that he would give me free magic cards out of kindness and a way of saying thanks. this was before he had andre working for him. That is just one example of how Joel can show gratitude. In the end he is just a guy who needs to get his bills paid for his family just like everyone else, like you and me. Oh and to cheer everyone up i just became a herald level GM for the RPGA (thank you Ralph, The Godfather of DnD in Miami, and Lostpike for helping me get my RPGA number in control) so I can DM for LG and blackmoor now. thank you guys for your help it was greatly appreciated and I wont let you guys down. :D
Claudio Aguirre

Number 1 Pelorite

Return to “Website News”