Sunshine, Temple of Elemental Evil campaign

Looking for a GM? Looking for gamers? Find em in here! For home games only!

Moderator: grey

Needles
Slave to this message board

Sunshine, Temple of Elemental Evil campaign

Postby Needles » Tue May 16, 2006 11:14 am

I have a GM, for Tuesday nights at Sunshine, going through the temple of elemental evil. Need players, post here or post in livingcity.net email to me. If you are not interested in playing please don't post here.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

neocelsus
Regular
Regular

Postby neocelsus » Tue May 16, 2006 2:28 pm

Removing this post. Good luck on that game.
Last edited by neocelsus on Wed May 17, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spankings and secrets, that’s what I’m all about.

Forever separating the subtle from the gross,
Neocelsus

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Tue May 16, 2006 3:14 pm

I might be in for that:)
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:50 pm

is this still going on? and at what time?
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed May 17, 2006 7:25 pm

Six to ten Tuesdays at Sunshine. Starting from first level. I've made it to second level from playing back in January. However, my character is very poor. I am a Cleric of St Cuthbert.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:42 pm

Im interested.

Needles

Postby Needles » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:11 am

We have moved to Tuesdays, six to ten or later. It is not certain that we will play this Thursday, it is up in the air. More than likely you will start at second level. I don't know why the DM is bent on this. I will try to convince him otherwise.

I will post here if I get news of the game being on this Thursday. If I don't post anything the game is postponed till next Thursday. It is during the holidays so you have to be a little patient.

Just to let you know we are probably switching to Mondays after Christmas.

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:29 pm

I make my own schedule, available whenever. I'll bring my schizophrenic orc barbarian.

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:43 pm

We are a go for Thursday night! Bring you Half-Orc, we will need a fighter. Just to let you know there is a cost of two dollars to the game. At the end of the night someone gets all the money in the form of a coupon to get stuff at his store. Do you know where sunshine is?

sunshineroleplayers.com

7921 Bird Road #44
Miami, Florida 33155
(305) 264-1250

Yeah! Baby! Yeah!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Happy! Happy! Joy!

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:00 pm

Woop Woop!

I'm there with an orc and 2 bucks. What are my stats and level?

Dunrick

Still Room?

Postby Dunrick » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:28 pm

Hey guys my friend Bryan mentioned this to me and I am interested in playing if there's room. I used to play over at Sunshine years ago in Eric's campaign until he moved to Hawaii. Also played a game over at Outland Station when I used to work there and it was still at the 57th address and then later when it moved into Sunset Place. If theres still room let me know.

-RT

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Bryan wrote:Woop Woop!

I'm there with an orc and 2 bucks. What are my stats and level?

Bryan, his history of character creation is you roll five dice six times twice in front of Norbert the DM. Then you choose the better of the two stats, you can not mix and match to optimise a character. More than likely you will start at second level but, I'll try to convince him otherwise.

Dunrick, or RT, you probably remember me as the tall guy that played in Eric's campaign. I remember playing back in 2000, 2001 with a crit system that left us all looking like Frankenstiens. We were all cut up so bad. Yes there is room. I like playing with six people, there were only three of us the last time. You are more than welcome to come. The same thing I told bryan goes for you too. I'll try to convince Norbert into starting a higher level for the both of you. He has always resisted me before.

Bryan

Postby Bryan » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Needles.

I can't understand why he would insist our characters start at level 1, below the level of other members. If we have already been playing with you all then dissapeared I would expect to not be jumped up a level, but Rich and I are new.

Norbert sounds very strict. If he really is the way I percieve him from what you two have said, I think he ought to loosen up if he wants more than 3 people to show up consistenly to his games.

He should encourage new people to show up to his games, not the opposite.

Since I don't know Norbert, maybe it would be better for this message to come from someone he's comfortable with. Perhaps you can tell this to him in a politic way?
Last edited by Bryan on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunrick

Postby Dunrick » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Hey Ed, yea I figured it was you. How's everything been going lately?

You wouldn't by chance have Eric's old crit system handy do you? I've been trying to replicate it in one of the games i'm running but can't seem to get it as fine tuned as he had it. I used to play basketball with him over at UM but never occured to me to ask him about it. Perhaps I'll shoot him an email.

Any special rules I should know about classes or races etc? Like I know Eric was a stickler for power gaming and wouldn't let you take only 1 lvl of a class and wouldn't let you jump back and forth between classes. Not that I'll be doing it but I'm just curious.

Lates.

-RT

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:05 pm

"Hey Ed, yea I figured it was you. How's everything been going lately?"

Everything has been fine, thank you.

"You wouldn't by chance have Eric's old crit system handy do you? I've been trying to replicate it in one of the games i'm running but can't seem to get it as fine tuned as he had it. I used to play basketball with him over at UM but never occured to me to ask him about it. Perhaps I'll shoot him an email."

No, I don't have his old crit system. I feel it was kinda unfair. we could crit on an 18 or higher and his monsters were criting on 12's, and 14's.

"Any special rules I should know about classes or races etc? Like I know Eric was a stickler for power gaming and wouldn't let you take only 1 lvl of a class and wouldn't let you jump back and forth between classes. Not that I'll be doing it but I'm just curious. "

Don't worry about power gaming, if there is anyone that has been accused of power gaming here it is me. I have almost have had my xp deducted for my metagaming.LOL You two will start at least second level. There are no rules you should know except we are in Greyhawk. Ninga classes, eastern theme classes are out. They don't fit in a Lord of the Rings setting, 'Greyhawk'.

It would be great if you two came up with character backgrounds. He'll use them in the campaign if you give him a sheet of paper with the background on it.

Return to “Gamers Wanted”