Home campaign at Sunshine

Looking for a GM? Looking for gamers? Find em in here! For home games only!

Moderator: grey

Needles
Slave to this message board

Home campaign at Sunshine

Postby Needles » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:21 pm

I've got a friend that wants to start a home campaign at Sunshine. If we can get players first, we'll start a campaign. He won't buy anything unless people start showing up. The stuff that he'll buy is modules that Wizards puts out. We need definite amount of people to play this campaign.

The campaign is on Tuesdays, six o'clock pm, at Sunshine. If you are interested in a Forgotten Realms game come show up and we will kick around ideas on how the campaign should be. If you want a Blackmoor campaign show up and put your two cents in. If Castle Blackmoor comes out soon we'll go through that instead. I don't know when Castle Blackmoor comes out.

Sunshine also has Thursdays open, if you would like to start on Thursdays instead, let us know, we can accomodate. The campaign will start in two weeks then cause of the Thanksgiving weekend.

The characters will be off of a 42 point system. Complete books, Races books or any book from Wizards is usable. Since the other stuff, Sword and Sorcery and what not, tends to be broken let's stay away from that material.

We will definatly keep trying till we get players.
There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:54 pm

You know Outland is also open, and they have a Coldstone next door, a KFC/Long John Silver in the parking lot, and no deadly mold and spores floating in the air.

Why not Outland?
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

lostpike
I really like Roleplaying

Postby lostpike » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:09 pm

I honestly would rather it be at a home then either of them if i was going to play.
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with
the wildest tales."

Needles

Postby Needles » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:31 pm

Why not Sunshine? Joel has put a lot into the community so, it is at Sunshine. Sunshine is, after all, closer to me.

First God created idiots, he was just getting started, then he created Wizards of the Coast 4e Dnd.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:33 pm

Thats fine. You do as you wish, but during an evening at gaming, I occasionally would like to breathe

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

itit01
Regular
Regular

Postby itit01 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am

will you guys still be thier at like 9 pm....cuz thats the earlyst i can show up
I swear johnny I dint shoot him, it was just a figment of your imagination....and about 2000 rounds

Needles

Postby Needles » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:14 am

I was there from five thirty to seven thirty. Joel closes at ten for us. Otherwise, Joel goes home at eight thirty if no one is there. Once we have our players I'm sure you could come.

lostpike

Postby lostpike » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 pm

that is why i prefer playing at home. It makes it so there is no "set" time you have to stop gaming, if you want to have an extra long gaming session to three in the morning then you can do it!
"At the end of the day, Brandobaris smiles largest at the halfling with

the wildest tales."

David

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:40 pm

The Heretic wrote:...and no deadly mold and spores floating in the air.

:lol:

You crack me up.

Though I will add, Outland has some sweet "Extras" around it.

Secretaryman

I prefer sunshine though

Postby Secretaryman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:56 am

I tried going to outland station...but what sucks about it is that everyhting there costs an arm and a leg...they OVERPRICE everything. Joel is probably the only guy i would ever go to, to buy DND books and games. And like Edward kindly said which i agree on is that Joel does put much effort into the community and its good business for him...especially nowadays. :D
Claudio Aguirre

Number 1 Pelorite

Secretaryman

I prefer sunshine though

Postby Secretaryman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:57 am

I tried going to outland station...but what sucks about it is that everyhting there costs an arm and a leg...they OVERPRICE everything. Joel is probably the only guy i would ever go to, to buy DND books and games. And like Edward kindly said which i agree on is that Joel does put much effort into the community and its good business for him...especially nowadays. :D
Claudio Aguirre

Number 1 Pelorite

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:24 pm

This is the reason. They dont overprice. We have grown accustomed to going to Amazon for books.
Joel has no none zippo overhead. This may be a good thing, but here is the downside to that. The store smells, it looks like crap, it's in a lousy place , there is a poorly staffed Mickie D's in the parking lot. Longevity in itself is not a virtue.
Outland charges MSRP on the books. The reason for that is that its a business, its there to make money. There is also another location opening up at the Shoppes at Sunset which will have room for gaming.

Look in an ideal world WOTC would have remained open and thus a clean well lit place, with clean and well mannered employees would have reigned unchallenged against the rest. But that is our lament> Outland has a KFC/ Long John Silvers, Coldstone, Wingstop, and a bonefish grill in the same place. Come on. Is there a question?

Needles

Postby Needles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Obviously, yes, there is a question, price. Money talks.

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:26 pm

I can undersand wanting to save, But going to someplace that is fun to hang out in, and that you can breathe in is also nice

Needles

Postby Needles » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:13 pm

I enjoy all that at Sunshine along with the cost savings. I like Joels just like it is. This is someplace that you don't exactly dress up to go to. All Sunshine needs is a haze of smoke in the air and it will be like Bird Bowl, which I havn't been to in seven years. Sunshine has taken its place.

Return to “Gamers Wanted”