"Berlin Black" Cthulhu Live, August 6th

Looking for a GM? Looking for gamers? Find em in here! For home games only!

Moderator: grey

Christ Justice

"Berlin Black" Cthulhu Live, August 6th

Postby Christ Justice » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:12 pm

Ve haf vays uf making you scream.
Not that advertising on this board usually works, but what the hell. The last two "Live" games, "LARPs" or "Interactives" were fun, so I'm not about to start keeping them to my little group now. Please, please, please drop me a line, there's always room for one more. I average about 7 players per game and I've got 11 characters handy. This is my last big event before leaving for school, so it's also your last chance.
The game is August 6th (A Friday). If you're interested in playing, drop me an email at JdFennell1@aol.com. The dramatis personae and background of the game is below.

Berlin Black
Setting: Berlin, 1945

Dramatis Personae

Captain Bart Rogers......................US Army, Commander of 209th MP Company
Sgt. Frank Riggs...........................US Army Military Police
Cpl. Tony Castillo..........................US Army Military Police
Major Sokolovsky..........................Soviet Officer
Stan Winston................................Naval Intelligence Officer
Marianne Shroeder.........................Night Club singer
Rudy Lenbach................................Bartender
Otto Berger....................................German doctor
Jack Carter....................................AP News Correspondent
Wilhelm Krantz..............................German businessman
Manfred Schweitzer........................Former German soldier

----Out of these characters 11 characters, most of them are pretty essential, excepting possibly Castillo and Riggs. As usual, first RSVP, first pick of the characters. Send me your top three picks via JdFennell1@aol.com, and in a week or two I'll send you the character so you can work out costuming and props. Some of the characters require extra background too, so advance knowledge of who's playing what helps. I would recommend picking Castillo and Riggs last.

Player's Background
Berlin in the summer of 1945 is a city of ghosts, a vast, spreading necropolis of shattered rubble, tortured fingers of steel and masonry clawing at gray, smoky skies. Emaciated specters roam the ruins of the once-proud city, bundled in rags and searching for valuables, food or remains of their lost loved ones. Armed Soviet, American, British and French troops patrol their respective control zones of Berlin. These are four seperate kingdoms within the ruined city, each reigned over by its own military governor. The arrival of the Allies in July came as a welcome change for the city suffering under the ruthless heel of the Soviet troops extracting their revenge for the war. The establishment of the occupation zones a month and a half ago was followed by a concerted effort to clean up the war damage, restore some sense of order, and provide for the starving citizens. The first skirmishes of the Cold War have begun as the Western Allies and the Soviet juggernaut jockey for power and control of the ruins and resources of the former Third Reich.
In the back streets of the Schoeneberg district, just off Winterfeldplatz, is a freshly painted red door in the bullet-pocked wall. Behind it lies "Die Insel", a small, private night club and cabaret. A strange island of music, booze and physical comfort in war-wracked Berlin, Die Insel is an illegal club under the current regulations of the Inter-Allied Control Council, but the governor of the American Military Sector has turned a blind eye. Too much valuable intelligence is collected and under-the-table business conducted at Die Insel to close the operation down. Powerful men of the occupying forces and the black market are drawn like moths to this beacon of warmth, liquor and music amid the wasted cityscape.

Jarad
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Ezekiel 25:17 - Jules' version

Return to “Gamers Wanted”