Cthulhu Live, May 29

Looking for a GM? Looking for gamers? Find em in here! For home games only!

Moderator: grey

Jarad Fennell

Cthulhu Live, May 29

Postby Jarad Fennell » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:29 am

Transylvanian Transexuals & Assorted Freaks:

We are at it again.
Another Cthulhu Live game to tickle your fancy and flutter your heart.
This one will be on May 29, so please drop me a line at least a week prior to the event to reserve a spot. Characters are first come, first serve, so respond ASAP in order to get a good one.
Ladies, you will note that there is only one female character listed. This is deliberate. The thing is, none of you showed up last time and our feelings were hurt. Worse, a few of our gentleman players were forced to stand in for you and made apallingly bad women. It was ugly. We don't want to do it again. Which is why I decided to write a scenario that was set in a monastery. Easier that way.
But if you want to play, don't let a little thing like gender get in the way. If we do get an overwhelming response from gamers of the female persuasion, we will do our best to accomodate.
In the meantime, here is a cast list and a short description of the premise...

Revelations
A scenario for Cthulhu Live
by Jarad Fennell

Setting: A Benedictine Monastery in Tuscany, 1267

DRAMATIS PERSONAE
Brother Arnaldo………………………A drunken fool that is chosen by God
Abbot Vinitiano…………………………The head of the monastery of San Lorenzo
Brother Dionisio………………………A young apothecary
Brother Cresci…………………………The monastery’s chief vintager
Bishop Lucente Marcovaldi………The papal legate
Brother Neri………………………………An elderly and respected Franciscan visitor
Brother Centurione……………………Bishop Marcovaldi’s Dominican secretary
Brother Ugolino…………………………Brother Cresci’s hunchbacked assistant
Brother Palmieri…………………………The monastery’s librarian
Brother Tinoro……………………………The monastery’s best illuminator
Simone………………………………......A peasant girl who runs errands for Dionisio
Piero Calcagni……………………………..A generous benefactor of the monastery

PLAYERS’ INTRODUCTION
Ringed on all sides by vineyards and nestled deep in the Tuscan countryside is a humble walled cloister, the Monastery of San Lorenzo. Though sheltered and ignored by the rest of the world in the past, this monastery has recently became the center of great controversy in the region due to the legends that surround one of its members, Brother Arnaldo. Brother Arnaldo has been credited with performing fantastic miracles and spouting bizarre prophecies of doom. The manifestation of these visions has proven so disturbing to serenity of the monastery that Abbot Vinitiano has appealed directly to the Holy Father for guidance.
In response, Pope Clement III has dispatched Bishop Lucente Marcovaldi, one of his most trusted advisors, along with Brother Neri, a respected member of the Franciscan Order, to investigate the matter and tender their recommendations to the Papal See. This has caused no small amount of excitement in the monastery, for some among the monks whisper that poor Brother Arnaldo may be canonized as a result of the investigation. There are other monks however that dwell upon the memory of the crusade against the Cathars in southern France and fear that Brother Arnaldo and his supporters will end up being burned as heretics instead.

The score for Cthulhu Live games stands so far at Unspeakable Evil 1, Investigators 0. I'm thinking Evil is going to win by maximum body count again this game.
The horror will commence on May 29.

Jarad
"Even a good man, if he remains in the same place for too long, will accumulate sin."

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill the Buddha."

Christ Justice

Change of Date

Postby Christ Justice » Mon May 24, 2004 2:49 pm

The date of this event has been changed to June 26th.
Email me for more information.

Jarad
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
Ezekiel 25:17 - Jules' version

Return to “Gamers Wanted”