Living Dragonstar

Looking for a GM? Looking for gamers? Find em in here! For home games only!

Moderator: grey

Is Bush a ......

Moron
20%
Complete and Total Imbecile
10%
a Stooge for Cheney and his Haliburton Masters
20%
Possibly the Worst President we are going to have this century
50%

Total votes: 10

The Heretic
Slave to this message board

Living Dragonstar

Postby The Heretic » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:41 am

Looking or 1-2 players to join group to get through some mods beore Conclave in Clearwater in April. Please contact me here if interested.
A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes-----Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:52 am

What day do you hold the games on and where Adolfo? I'd be interested in playing some LD...
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:27 pm

Conclave? In Clearwater??

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior
I really like Roleplaying

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:45 pm

Well, since that poll is just some loaded, choiceless, communist, offer that you can't refuse, pile of crap, I will choose choice E:

Bush is:

E: A solid president that the bleeding-heart, whiner, gay-marriage-loving liberals cannot accept because he has the balls to go after terrorists.

Have a nice day. :D
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]
http://echosphere.net/star_trek_insp/in ... review.jpg[/url]

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:04 am

Didnt the CIA get notice that 9/11 was going to happen? We attacked Afghanistan. No Bin Laden. We then attacked Iraq, still no BinLaden. Bin Laden is KNOWN to be in Pakistan, but Pakistan is one of our "friends" despite the fact that the majority of the population would like to use our country as kindling. But they have little oil and big nukes. Iraq, no nukes but alot of oil for Cheney's friends. Friends whose employees have never heard of the Geneva Convention. So while our soldiers keep dying while we play nice, Haliburton Security personnel can do whatever it takes to secure their assets which are far more valuable than our soldier's lives to this administration. At least with Vietnam some could delude themselves into believing it was for the fight for democracy. This is about oil. Bottom Line it is a PETRO-WAR!

"The measure of the homeland’s independence can be gauged by the amount of independence enjoyed by her children, and, as we have already said, there can be no free homeland while her children are slaves."-----Enrique Roig de San Martin

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:07 am

oh yeah their is a convention in April up in Clearwater. Some LDS some LA. I cant make Mega-Con unless I win the Lotto tomorrow, but Clearwater is do-able. I will post info on the con tomorrow

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:48 am

The Heretic wrote: Bin Laden is KNOWN to be in Pakistan, but Pakistan is one of our "friends" despite the fact that the majority of the population would like to use our country as kindling. But they have little oil and big nukes.

Really? They know where Bin Laden is? You should be working for the CIA my man. :wink: Seriously, if they knew where Bin Laden is don't you think they'd get his ass? Maybe they're waiting for the week before the presidential election to nab him so the Republicans can secure the white house?

The Heretic wrote: Iraq, no nukes but alot of oil for Cheney's friends. Friends whose employees have never heard of the Geneva Convention. So while our soldiers keep dying while we play nice, Haliburton Security personnel can do whatever it takes to secure their assets which are far more valuable than our soldier's lives to this administration. At least with Vietnam some could delude themselves into believing it was for the fight for democracy. This is about oil. Bottom Line it is a PETRO-WAR!

No, this war is and always was about national security. National Security HAS TO BE the #1 objective of this nation. Everything else comes second.

Cheney's friends eh? Lets take a look at some of "Cheney's friends" that supported disarming saddam (psst, btw check my sig):

1) "Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline Albright, 1998

2) "The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

3) "The debate over Iraq is not about politics. It is about national security. It should be clear that our national security requires Congress to send a clear message to Iraq and the world: America is united in its determination to eliminate forever the threat of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

4) "I share the administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction." -- Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

5) "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Bob Graham, December 2002

6) "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Ted Kennedy, September 27, 2002

7) "There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed." -- Ted Kennedy, Sept 27, 2002

8 ) "(W)e need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. We all know the litany of his offenses. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. ...And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction." -- John Kerry, Jan 23, 2003

9) "Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States." -- Joe Lieberman, August, 2002

Those are some nice "Friends" Cheney has on the war endeavor huh? :wink:
Too bad all those are democrats, and they were NOT the only democrats who supported disarming Saddam, just some of the more prominent ones.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE DON'T TAKE WHAT I POST ON HERE TOO SERIOUSLY, BECAUSE I CERTAINLY DON'T! :D

[url]

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:10 am

What both good fellows seem to miss, is that Democratics and
Republicans are liers, swindlers, thieving, corrupt, pro-nepotistic,
power-hungry agents of the fall of this country. I think when
Washington is empty of politicians, then maybe we can see what
the real agendas are.

Jusy my worthless, third-party coppers,

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:37 am

MrFilthyIke wrote:What both good fellows seem to miss, is that Democratics and
Republicans are liers, swindlers, thieving, corrupt, pro-nepotistic,
power-hungry agents of the fall of this country. I think when
Washington is empty of politicians, then maybe we can see what
the real agendas are.

Jusy my worthless, third-party coppers,

You raise a good point Shane. Most Americans are mainly moderate and neither left wing or right wing. And there is also a very negative feeling towards politicians in general, but what makes you think that 3rd party politicians would be any different?
Are they all uncorruptable honest joes?
The fact may be that politicians seem slimy, but it is part and parcel of the position. It is a necessary evil. You can't please everyone all the time, but they have to seem to as much as possible. Because our politicians are popularly elected it would be the same if a 3rd party or a green party was in office, they'd still have to be "political" to pander to their constituencies.

To do away with politics you'd have to do away with our democratic system of government all together, which none would be willing to accept.

Perhaps Communism, TRUE COMMUNISM, would be the only real solution to what you are asking. The problem is that we have no way to properly establish it because as you cleverly note, human beings are too power-hungry. The temptation is TOO great, and we are too diverse as a species to not have power hungry individuals amongst us. You'd also need a species-wide accpetance of communism, because as long as capitalism is around, it will CRUSH communism like a grape, just as it did to the USSR.

The reason I am republican is that it is by far the lesser of 2 evils. Better to be a conservative in favor of big business, than a bleating heart traitor against America.

[url]

Ozymandius
Moderately Challenged
Moderately Challenged

Postby Ozymandius » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:37 pm

Just to reinterate, what day do yall play DRAGONSTAR!!!
- Philip Slama

"Sex is like the death penalty. One outcome, multiple ways to carry it out," -Stephen Colbert.

"OMG I can't believe I just got censored on LC.net!!!111 IS ADOLFO SEEING THIS sh*t!!!" -TheWorldsGreatestWarrior.

Email: Finn_Durandall@Hotmail.com

TheWorldsGreatestWarrior

Postby TheWorldsGreatestWarrior » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:47 pm

Ozymandius wrote:Just to reinterate, what day do yall play DRAGONSTAR!!!

PJ, it's reiterate, not reinterate. :wink:
BTW, are we playing Friday?

[url]

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:34 am

On the whole weapons of mass deception issue.
Of course he had biological weapons. The United States gave him those weapons in the 80's when he was chums with us.

Do you really think that Saddam was any real threat to us after the first gulf war? Hell no after we went in their and spanked him the first time he was our bitch.
The only reason we went in their was because Bush needed a war to do all of his dirty little tricks with executive war powers. Look at all the money some corporations making. Haliburton is a glaring example.
And I'm sure that all of the other major weapons contractors that were in financial trouble are happy about this war.
This war is a wag the dog scenario.
We didn't have any real evidence that Iraq had any WoD at all. Except for the stuff that we made up. Like in those fake dossiers that were plagarized from some college kid from the early 90's.
Or with all those fake Osama tapes that Colin Powell said were comming into Aljazeera before Aljazeera had them.
Which was pretty funny watching on CNN because CNN calls up Aljazeera and asked about the tape. Aljazeera is like what tape? Then one of the guys on CNN is like did we just scoop Aljazeera? lol.

BTW did you guys know that Prescott Bush was a Nazi collaberator?
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

The Heretic

Postby The Heretic » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:03 pm

Um? What about the original topic? I need some people to play some LDS mods. so far only PJ has responded.

grey
King of the hill
King of the hill

Postby grey » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:13 pm

not interested. try posting this again in the looking for gamers section
Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, Study hard be evil.
Nobody's perfect... well, there was this one guy, but we killed him.

Living City Forums
webmaster@livingcity.net aka Albert

MrFilthyIke

Postby MrFilthyIke » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:03 am

I'd love playing but haven't had time in a long while, may SQUEEZE one in a MegaCon, but ONLY if I convince Fiona it'd be fun to play 8pm till mid :P

Return to “Gamers Wanted”